I was wondering about the same thing. I have used Geovision in the past and it worked fine. Looking at the GeoVision 1120 and the Avermedia NV5000 there is quite a price difference and I am wondering if this difference is justified. It seems that GeoVision has more advanced features but for the standard "stuff" they both seem to compare very well.

I am not sure if this still is true but with the older Geovision cards I had to send the card back in order to upgrade to more cameras where with the Avermedia card it seems all I need is to get the additional connector bracket.

Someone have experience with both products?

There are too many different types of DVR boards in the market.

My experience with GV is their poor tech support.

You may want to choose DVR board that meets your specific needs.

NV5000 vs GV1480

What I like better about the NV5000:

· Slightly better perceived remote view quality.

· Remote client supports 1, 4, 9 or 16ch full screen multiview.

· IP camera support.

· Easily upgradeable for additional cameras. Low initial cost.

GV1480

· More features, options and software. If you are going to use them.

· Much larger user base/community. Easier to get help from other users. (though kandcorp does a great job for Aver)

· Easier to search through recorded footage. More polished interface.

· Audio included. No extra cards to buy.

· The deal breaker for me: highly configurable spot monitor out (though I wish you could watch recorded video). Aver could only scan through cameras.

I think the NV5000 is a good product, but for most of MY applications, Geovision is the way to go.

Compare the features and decide which are important to you. Either card is worth the money.

imho

VJD ..

If you use my Viewer with Geo, it supports 1, 4, 9 or 16ch full screen multiview (could easily be multisite 30+ cameras/sites depending on funding)

And using the Video Out from the Video card you can playback on a CCTV Monitor in full Screen Mode

IP cams and upgrade boards would be nice .. just a FYI though the actual manufacturer makes the Hyrbid boards now, but they will probably take some testing before they are released by Geo, if ever.

Also, does anyone have a link to an Aver Browser Demo?

I also noticed the NV5000 doesnt do 720x480, is 240/240 (so doesnt really compare to the GV-1480) and does it have a DSP Multiplexed Analogue output?

Looks like a decent lower cost alternative though .. do they have any other higher end versions ?

VJD ..

If you use my Viewer with Geo, it supports 1, 4, 9 or 16ch full screen multiview (could easily be multisite 30+ cameras/sites depending on funding)

I could not get your viewer demo to connect. Looks interesting. I would like to check it out.

And using the Video Out from the Video card you can playback on a CCTV Monitor in full Screen Mode

But is the quality the same as the DSP output?

I also noticed the NV5000 doesnt do 720x480, is 240/240 (so doesnt really compare to the GV-1480) and does it have a DSP Multiplexed Analogue output?

http://demo1.cctvbuyers.com/

240/240? What are you referring to?

VJD ..

I could not get your viewer demo to connect. Looks interesting. I would like to check it out.

But is the quality the same as the DSP output?

http://demo1.cctvbuyers.com/

240/240? What are you referring to?

Right its 240/240, while the GV-1480 is 480/480 ..