freeflyer

Geovision-1480 V Avermedia-NV6000- 480fps/16 - which one??

Hi to All CCTV aficionado’s

Newb (2nd post) Based in UK & about to purchase a 400/16 PC DVR card for a new system just built specifically for the task.

Anyone out there used Avermedia Cards before, in particular the new NV6000? Especially interested in how it rates against the Geo combo cards (1480) The NV6000 appears to compete with the Geo on what I want & actually need & is a bit cheaper too.

Having spent weeks reading up on this excellent forum and about to spend what is nearly a grand of my hard earned sterling on the card alone, I could really do with pointing in the right direction.

My preferences/ priorities are as follows (in order):

Reliability & Support - (Security device right? Isn’t this non negotiable?)

Image quality

Features

Ease of use

All advice appreciated, I’m planning to purchase card in the next few days (with approx 8 new cams to add to the 4 I have now on good old VHS / switcher)

Regards - Freeflyer

I cant speak for Avermedia as Ive never used them, thiough heard they were decent. As for Geo (also pertains to other DVR Cards), here is an example setup using a CCTV CRT Monitor for live and playback. Gives you very high quality compared to using just a PC Monitor or LCD. Whichever route you go, you can use the IR Remote to control only the display on the DSP Output, and at the same time it wil control the views on the VGA Output.

The Geo uses very high quality cards from South Korea, and yes the software is very stable. The system though should still be tweaked properly to obtain the most security and stability, goes for any DVR Card.

pc_setup_example.jpg

I don’t know if the NV6000 has the same tv out as the NV5000, but if it does then be aware that the monitor will only show selected cameras in sequence mode.

The NV6000 has not been released as of yet. I have used the Aver DVR card line though many times (NV1000, 3000, 5000). Like VJD said only a full screen sequence of selected cameras for the TV-Out. According to Aver that's how the 6000 will be as well. I have made many posts and threads about the Aver line. Just perform a search or let me know if you have any questions.

Thanx Rory, VJD & Kandcorp for the advice

There is a dealer here in the UK that has had the NV6000 in stock the last few days, its also about UK£90 cheaper than the 1480.

I have decided to choose the Geo due to the wider range of features, in particular the missing object feature. The Aver nearly won due to its ability to offer IP cams rather than analogue alone, however, as IP has still a fair way to go to catch up with analogue and the obvious cost difference also, its the Geo 1480 that has won this time

Thanx again for your help

Basically, if your want user friendliness, opt for AverMedia,

Otherwise, opt for GV.

However, AverMedia is getting lots better with more features that GV hasn't come up with, such as the auto alarm PTZ preset, which is very useful. Playback wise, the Visual search is a +++ pt ! It is very useful is tracking videos.

GV, i admit is more advanced, but there's too many features often not use, and it makes the whole thing complicated.