Is anyone using Netvision Cards? We've tried them with Intel 865 Chips, Via chips......they keep freezing up. The live video works but the recording just freezes. Just looking to see if anyone has the 4008CE cards working and what configuration you are using. We were told originally that it really did not matter which board we used....oops.

I guess that maybe your disk space is not enough.well,can you tell me what the brand of your mainboard is.please check it and tell us.

Hi-

We had plenty of disk space - 300 gb with only 3 cameras working on the system. We used a Gigabyte board, Asus Board and 2 others which I can't remember. We used the Via chipset, Northbridge 865The video cards were Radeon. Originally the system worked fine but stopped recording after approximately an hour. This is unfortunate because we really like the GUI and the features.

Thank you very much for supplying detailed information to us.the motherboard and via chipset are no problem.

Maybe you can check the temperature of DVR host,because 4008CE card chip can give out more quantity of heat when it working(but 400XHC card will not),if the environment temporature beyond 50?,the card DSP maybe stop working and the recording is also stopped,So ensure exhale heat for your DVR host. If not this problem,I think it's card's error.

Thanks for your reply-

We use cases with two cooling fans, one on the side and one in the rear. The temperature does not seem to be the problem. The error happens with both the 4 camera and 8 camera boards even if only one card is in the system at a time. We wanted to try your 4008HC boards but since we could not rely on these, we could not rationalize the additional cost (double) since we will probably throw these cards away.

we have very earnestly discussed the problem about NV4008CE card you found,which did not appear among all our users.Maybe you can check the software recording setup again.AS for cards and software themselves,all products we sent were tested,they should be no problem.we sincerely hope we can communicate by MSN or Skype,how do you think?