Sign in to follow this  
Gamer0808

Looking to control PTZ Camera through RS485 to RS232

I have a PTZ color camera that I have hooked up to a monitor and I would like to be able to control the device from my pc. It supports RS485 which I have a converter box from RS232 to RS485. Is there ANY free software or VB apps/projects that people have created that will allow me to controll the device? Is it possiable to connect to it from hyperterminal and send it ASCII code to control it. The device is a DSC-270 as seen here:

http://sunintele.en.ec21.com/GC00633215/CA00633449/Speed_Dome_Camera.html

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

I don't see what protocols it supports. (RS-485 isn't a protocol, it's a wiring type. In this case, 2 wire half duplex serial.) Do you know?

If you search for Pelco PTZ Protocol in Google, there is an app that will do it. It's writen in VB.Net I belive.

I found out that it does support The Pelco D Protocols but I searched all over Google and couldnt find a program to test communications. I saw one that was source code only but I don't have the knowledge or apps to compile this to run in a windows enviroment. Are there any free apps like Lux that support RS pelco communications??

Thanks

Actully if you contact Pelco they can send you the protocols. I don't know of a linux app that does it but did you check source forge and freshmeat for apps to do it? As far as testing it does, you use a second serial port or PC and just loop it with cross overcable and just set it up to capture a log from the serial port.

shropna I emailed you last week.

If you can help with this plz email me back at corywilliams0808 at hotmail.com

Strange...

I sent reply for you... OK, second trie..