maidstonegooner

Floureon Installation - Please Help!

Hi all, please, please, can someone offer some assistance as I am going out of my mind with this. I have purchased a Floureon 4CH 960H HDMI DVR CCTV system. Before you say it, I know it's a cheap Chinese system but I have a budget......

I have installed the system correctly, as far as I know, using the YouTube video as the instructions were useless. It isn't a hard system to install as most of the components can only be fitted one way. I did make the schoolboy error of installing the cameras to the house before checking the system works but hey ho, it's done now.

Having set everything up and turning the power on, I can see the 4 cameras on my TV screen but I cannot get any pictures on them, they are just black with the camera number in the bottom left corner of each box, a picture of a cassette, a speaker and then a '?'.

I have installed and uninstalled and convinced myself it must be the power lead to the cameras. Subsequently, I agreed with the vendor I could send the system back and got another. Low and behold, exactly the same thing, although this time I did actually get a picture for all of 2 seconds before the screen just went black again.

This has been causing me no end of frustration for almost a week now - I still have the system installed but cannot use it. Any tips, advice please? Am I doing something wrong? I have also tried this with a PC Monitor as someone said it might not be compatible with my TV but the same thing happens.

Just a minor point I'm sure - and me not being an electrician, the cameras state 12v DC, yet the plug adaptor that the cameras plug into states 12v AC???? Does that have any effect?

Thank you in anticipation.

Hi yes ac and DC will give you a problem.

Can you check the power supply for dvr what size is that ?

We're did you buy your equipment from

Hi, thank you for your reply. The DVR is AC I believe as we've had no issues with that working. In fact, when I got the plugs round the wrong way (we have 2: 1 for the DVR and one for the cameras), the DVR wouldn't work. The cameras have 2 leads from them, one with yellow push and twist connectors which go to the DVR and the other is a red push in male connection which goes to the plug. The plug simply has the 4 camera leads connected - there is no converter in between. I am assuming the DC leads from the cameras, being plugged straight into the AC power via the plug is the problem then? They should have a convertor? If so, can one be purchased so the camera plug plugs into the convertor changing it to AC power?

I purchased this kit on Ebay. There are many available but none specify any issues with the power source. Here is a link to a similar item I found:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281424414959

Thank you

Hi. Looking at both dvr spec and camera spec both are 12vdc so a mistake has been made with your camera power supply.

A 5 amp DC power supply from maplins will work for you.

It also sounds like you are using lead kits ... These have never been good ...analog should only be on coax or cat5 with baluns.

Your system is not a bad one as it works with other software but you will not get the benifits from your cameras with poor lead kit

Hi, thank you for your assistance. I had a quick look at Maplin's web site and put in what you suggested but it brought up numerous options. Apologies for my ignorance (or stupidity) but could you provide a link to the specific item I need? I am confused because all 4 cameras link into the one plug via a 4-way connector which then reduces to a single female adaptor which then connects to the plug's male adaptor.

I just want to make sure I order the correct thing. Are you confident this is the issue, having looked at the photos on ebay?

Thank you once again

Hi, thank you for your assistance. I had a quick look at Maplin's web site and put in what you suggested but it brought up numerous options. Apologies for my ignorance (or stupidity) but could you provide a link to the specific item I need? I am confused because all 4 cameras link into the one plug via a 4-way connector which then reduces to a single female adaptor which then connects to the plug's male adaptor.

I just want to make sure I order the correct thing. Are you confident this is the issue, having looked at the photos on ebay?

Thank you once again

Where are you based ?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/switched-mode-12v-dc-5a-regulated-cctv-power-supply-n63jn