silverspl

NEW CCTV setup, Need input on what to buy

Hello everyone,

First time posting on here and new to cctv and I need Help.

I'm looking to set up 16 cameras in my warehouse to watch my employees to make sure nothing is getting stolen.

I have a background in computers so building a server and knowing what to buy isn't a problem.

What i do need help on is a good all around CCTV Setup

What brand and model to go with i'm not sure about the following:

12 color dome cameras?

4 dome caleras that have night vision?

16 channel dvr card?

video card for server?

lcd screen, looking for a 19"?

camera cable?

dc power supply box?

I would like to set it up to record only when there is motion detected and the warehouse is only open from 730 am to 630 pm

looking to record for a month continuously how big of a hard drive?

I'm looking to go all out on the dvr card and the pc that runs it but not spend a ton of money on the cameras.

warehouse is 9500 sq ft and cameras will need a narrow view of sight because they will be looking down 2 - 3 foot ailes that are 40 ft long

Looking to spend in total about 6000 - 7000

Is that price realistic for what i want?

Best places online to buy from?

Any feedback you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

if you need to build a surveillance system in your warehouse,your could set up 16 cameras in different positions of your warehouse(the dome is expensive),a 16 channel DVR card and camera cable is necessary.as for the HDD capacity,it decided by motion frequency and image quality.if often motion and set up a best image quality,the required capacity is big.

maybe we can talk about it by MSN,please feel free to contact.

msn:sunrise4251@hotmail.com

If you want to go the PC route, you should probably look at Video Insight, GeoVision and AverMedia.

Looking to spend in total about 6000 - 7000

Is that price realistic for what i want?

I have not done any cost comparisons lately but that price is more realistic than the people who want to do this for 1500 bucks. You will probably wind up in the 10000+ range though but that's just a guess. Good IR cost good money.

A month worth of storage with 16 cameras? A lot of variables determine HD size. Such recording resolution, codec and fps. You would definately need to go with record on motion detection. Nevertheless with a PC, you'd need a pretty big drive(s) I would imagine.

Most of what you are asking is here in this forum. I just have to condense and organize the frequently asked questions into the forum I created for them.

Good Luck

[EDITED - Banner ads. PM Larry if you want to have ads on the site. Also keep in mind that glancing at the stickies and FAQs in a new forum is always a good idea. This keeps you from making mistakes like this and starting off on the wrong foot with the moderators. -Thomas, Moderator]

You cant go wrong in your situation with video insight. You'll be well below the $10,000 mark, and probably below the $5000 mark. It will perform all your desired functions and then some. Your a PC guy so it will be easy for you to install. It comes with a very easy to understand manual. Just follow it step by step and you'll be capturing video in no time at all. If your ever away you always log in remotely and check on things too.