perla

Hikvision PTZ patrol and Intrusion Detection

I am currently considering of buying a Hikvision DS-2DF8223I-AEL PTZ camera.

I would like to protect my backyard with it, however, the maximum 60 degree angle of view may not be enough to cover both of the entrances. If anyone has experinces with these Smart PTZ cameras: Do they support Intrusion Detection with enabled Patrol mode (periodically moving to different presets)?

I know from another thread that event detection is not active during any PTZ movement, so a constant scanning pattern won't be effective.

Can it be a working solution to secure both of the gates by setting the camera in the following way:

1. Pan to the first gate.

2. Wait 10-20 seconds to check if there is any movement. (If so, smart tracking can take over control.)

3. Pan to the second gate.

4. Wait 10-20 seconds to check if there is any movement. (If so, smart tracking can take over control.)

5. Repeate this patrol scheme.

Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

Peter

Hi. Peter.

With the cost of that PTZ I would think of using two good high MP cameras one for each location

Auto detect and track. Sounds good and it is in the right environment

But on a home you will find it will let you down .... Ok if you have one intruder but what will your camera do with two or more intruders...... Camera might if lucky follow one person but then have no image of the others and then no face detection.

All CCTV systems should be designed with evidence collection in mind .... Cameras can't stop intruders but they can be classed as a set of eyes .... You need cameras to see what has gone on and catch face images and also let you see what they touch so finger prints can be part of the evidence

I would look at spending on more cameras rarther than just to one which might not catch everything