I need a system for outdoor use. I need 5 cameras with a recorder. Internet access is not available where the cameras are going to go. I looked at this system Nigh owl model wm-16hd10l-8720 comes with 8 720 cameras. Can anyone else suggest a ssytem. budget between 5-600$ and longest run from recorder to camera will be 250ft. What is a good source for cameras and such. I know the better the camera the better the pic

Thanks

I need a system for outdoor use. I need 5 cameras with a recorder. Internet access is not available where the cameras are going to go. I looked at this system Nigh owl model wm-16hd10l-8720 comes with 8 720 cameras. Can anyone else suggest a ssytem. budget between 5-600$ and longest run from recorder to camera will be 250ft. What is a good source for cameras and such. I know the better the camera the better the pic

Thanks

Hi. Tvi 720 is a bit old so no upgrading.

This is a 4 cam IP system twice the res of the cameras you have listed plus you have no more expense as you don't need to pay for power supply .... This system is plug and play IP

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-security-camera-system/8-channel-hd-security-camera-system-with-ip-cameras/LNR341C4B-1-p

Thanks where would be a good place to get 1 more compatable camera. that isnt more then the whole system

Why does it cost more than whole system ?

Look for anything lorex or dahua

They just have none listed on the site that are cheaper then 200$ for a single camera. Since i will need to add 2-3 300ft cables to the package and need to stay as close to 700$ i can

They just have none listed on the site that are cheaper then 200$ for a single camera. Since i will need to add 2-3 300ft cables to the package and need to stay as close to 700$ i can

You could buy your own cat5 that makes it cheaper

You could also buy the kit and add to it as budget allows.

Or buy your listed system that's out of date and waste your full budget

A better option may be to use IP Cameras, you can then only run one line from the cameras to the recorder. If the cameras are a distance away, with IP you have the ability to also shoot across a wireless link ( I have done that a lot lately). Here is how I see your IP set up being

IP cameras running into a POE Switch

One Cat5e from the POE switch to the NVR

Keep in mind you will always need electric where the POE Switch is.

Thanks got the ip camera system. Looks like hopefully I'll get it setup this week waiting on cable. Just need to find something to protect nvr in non climate controlled building