djsky

Hikvision Remote access on POE ports

Hi all, new to this forum, but I have searched to see if this has been answered before and can't find anything.

By the way, it was difficult to register as a new user from an iPhone that can't drag numbers/countries into the separate boxes!

Anyway, I have a hikvision 7608 NVR, and Six poe cameras.

I am wanting to avoid using the regular LAN port, so have six cameras, all set up with manual up addresses in the subnet 192.168.1.x as this is also the subnet of a windows server domain network.

Port 8 of the Poe NVR port is connected to the switch of the domain network. And the NVR IP address is 192.168.1.160.

I can browse to 192.168.1.160 from within the LAN, and can also use the iOS ivms-4500 app to look at the NVR and its attached cameras.

However, despite forwarding port 8000 on the router, I cannot access the NVR from outside the LAN.

I have a feeling this is due to the POE port not knowing the gateway (router) IP to use for communication.

Is there a way of resolving this?

I have tried assigning the local LAN port on the NVR to be on another IP address, but it does not allow being set to the same subnet as the cameras.

The reason for wanting everything on the same subnet is so that I can use the direct NAS facility of each camera to our server storage.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, PoE ports are not bridged to NVR LAN port,so you cannot reach cameras from LAN and vice versa, can't reach LAN from PoE camera ports.

Why don't you use NAS for NVR?

I believe I've found a bit of a trick way round this.

If I set the single LAN port to DHCP and leave the Poe ports set to the same subnet as my domain network, it allows me to have both the Poe ports and the lan on the same subnet.

Only downside is that I need to run two cables from the NVR to my LAN to "bridge" the two things together.