Sign in to follow this  
BrynDN

GMail and Chinese Hikvision Camera (DS-2CD3332D-I)

Hi all! I'm new to the forum as I've spent the last 2 hours researching how to get my Hikvision DS-2CD3332D-I (Chinese model, apparently, though web interface is all English) to work with GMail again. I found the thread regarding SSL and GMail on another site that mentions I need to get to firmware 5.4.0 or better, but given the hardware I have I'm not even sure that's possible. I did manage to find a post about getting from 5.1 to 5.2 (raptor 5.2 version from US site) and was able to get that to install, but 5.3 firmware from Hikvision Europe site gives me language mismatch, even after changing to Chinese using whoslooking language tool. I'm not able to find any further information on how to upgrade / hack my camera to english in a way that is working beyond 5.2.5 it seems (given the downgrade tool from 5.3 back to 5.2.5), but am really hoping there is a way to make this upgrade work. I'm pretty tech capable but just can't seem to find the right post to lead me in the right direction. Any help would be much appreciated.