I am curious as to whether or not any other users on this forum are currently using or have used the Osprey 100 for surveillance systems.

I also am wondering what the major benefits (excluding great software) that a GV-250 has over an Osprey 100?

http://www.viewcast.com/products/osprey/osprey100.html

http://www.geovision.com.tw/002/en/product-gv250.asp

The Osprey 100 is priced lower and gets 30 FPS per second instead of only 20 on the GV-250. Is the great software the only reason the GV-250 hardware blows away the Osprey 100, or are there other factors?

Both cards look like they have only 1 BT878 chip. With the Osprey 100 you can hook 4 cameras up to the card, but you have to switch between the 4 different cameras and you can't have all 4 cameras displayed at once (unless you use some junky software that I have seen that simulates 4 simutaneus cameras by quickly switching between the 4 cameras).

Now, since it looks like the GV-250 has only 1 BT878, does it do the same type of software trick to allow you to monitor 4 cameras simutaneously? Or what am I missing here? I always thought you needed 1 BT878 chip for 1 nice 30 FPS video stream to be seen. This is why I originally setup my system with 4 Osprey 100's. I figured with 4 cards in 1 system I would get close to the 30 FPS on 4 cameras being displayed simutaneously. In real world though, this became only about 12 to 15 fps per cam.

In hindsight, I probably should have just went with a GV-600 at the time but I wasn't aware of Geo's software back then.

So, which card would my 4 Osprey 100 system most resemble? A single GV-250 or GV600, or GV800 (in terms of hardware speed - if both setups were using the same software)?