I have an Xvision DVR system with 4 cameras which I have set up to work as a server and client and also to use as a web based system. My system works through a Safecom wireless router. The server and client software works fine but I have a problem when trying to use on the web. I get the screen and log in box but when I try to log in I get a message saying cannot connect to server. If I log in from any pc on my network but connect as if on the net I log in ok. Any advice appreciated.

1st I highly suggest you hardwire the DVR to your network, I have been down this road many times and wifi and video transmission don't mix too well.

Anyway sounds like you need to do some port forwarding in your router, it is probably blocking your inbound requests.

I have the xvision software ands the router configured to use port 9090. The trouble is I'm a bit raw with this. The strange thing is that on the odd occasion it will work. Will look at hardwiring the dvr to router as you suggest.

What kind of internet access and networking hardware do you have?

(ie DSL>2wire modem>linksys router or Cable>Motorola modem>Netgear router)

I have an adsl connection 2272 Kbps/288 Kbps. I have a Safecom SWAMRU 54108 wireless router. 1 laptop with Linksys pcmcia wireless card. 1 pc with Belkin pci wirless network card. 1 pc with Dlink wireless network card and the main pc with dvr that has a safecom wireless pci card.

Just to add. If you try this www.1avon.me.uk

Login General

Pass toshiba

(use as I have written G upper case)

You will see the problem

If I click this address from my own pc it will work but not from any other.

I can connect .. but then when logging in it fails .. are you sure that is the correct user & pass ... also, you may want to delete that info so google doesnt get it ..

Also, you might want to check whether any other ports are requried to be forwarded ..

Meanwhile, check this post .. kindof old but seems they are basically Geo cards .. Geo sells an SDK so maybe they are using that ... also Geo requires multiple ports to be opened, so perhaps this one does also.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=785&highlight=xvision

Its also possible as from that thread, they are simply Geo Cards with the OEM (not SDK) software, using modified images, like what I have done in the past. (http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4615)

Rory