kerb

Avermedia NV3000 motion detect email interval

Hi

Just got my NV3000 system working (AMD sempron 3000, VIA chipset). It's for monitoring a remote business premises - more for peace of mind than actually collecting evidence. I have email notification working, but the options seem a little limited.

Email Interval has a minimum value of 3 minutes which I understand means that after detecting motion and sending an email it won't send another for at least three minutes.

An awful lot can happen in 3 minutes, so is it possible to set this to something more like 10 seconds?

Looking forward to any suggestions.

Austin.

I hate to reply to my own question but I found a solution. It is possible to set email interval to zero using regedit but this does is a little unstable, so one minute is what I'm using - much more useful than 3 minutes.

It's also possible to force more than the maximum of three stills per email. I'm currently sending 16 stills per mail which provides so much more information.

Hello Austin,

In version 5.7.0.0029 you can make those changes from the software under alarms and you do not have to change any thing in registry... Also, this new version has alot more features specailly related to alarms, missing or suspicious object detection, etc... If you have your CD-Key you can download the updated software from: http://www.ilinkpro.com/support/downloads.asp?nav=support&pg=downloads free of charge.

Regards,

Sajaan

Thanks for your reply, the new version sounds good. I think I'm on 5.7.0.0027 at the moment. Will the upgrade which says 5.7.0.0017 to 5.7.0.0029 work for me?

Regards

Austin.

That should work and also since you have 5.7 you can click on power button on the lower left corner of the screen and click on about and update... it might ask you for IP address for upgrade server which you can use and I have been using iLink Professionals update server at 63.237.31.52 this process will auto date your software without you having to download the software. You can do it either way.

Regards,

Sajaan