eyespye.security

Integrated DVR/LCD

Folks,

I'm interested in seeing the broader communities' views on integrated DVR/LCD units. We sell quite a few of these on a monthly basis, but over the past 6 months, 2 vendors have stopped manufacturing them for lack of expected sales.

Any thoughts would be greately appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't understand the use for them. If monitor dies, your DVR is worthless, and vice-versa. The DVR can't be hidden for obvious reasons. Limited harddrive space and cooling issues. Cable managment?

I've seen this model from Digimerge.

1159322696-digimerge.jpg

I can see the "all in one" application and saving space....would be good for mobile applications where you need no more than four inputs.

....but if the monitor dies.......oh...oh...

when it dies, have to send it back to asia and wait for another .. i doubt the local/national dealers/retailers are going to stock too many of them .. plus they arent cheap generally ..

I have a number of the Gateway Profile All in One desktop PCs on our office, they are pretty good, big space saver.

Thieves probably love them, nice and portable, easier to steal the cctv footage so they dont leave incriminating evidence behind.

The dvr part is not seperate, so you cant hide it somewhere, it has to be on display, making it a easy target.

LOL .. remember the EMachine CRT all in ones .... those were cool back in the day ... but darn when the monitor went it was all over ... we had a few of them at the alarm company for the office stuff .. the hype didnt last long ...

I have about 25 gateway profiles from Ver. 1 to 5 in our offices. Have about 3 of the LCD's go bad on the version 4's. (there's an internal bulb that can burn out.) Gateway has a repair deal where for $300 they ship you a box, you put the pc in and call fedex, and it comes back fixed.

For the average home or office user they are great, eliminates all the bloody cable tangle from the typical pc setup and a space saver.