ft_cctv

How to connect TCP/IP source to Geo?

Has anyone done it connect a TCP/IP camera into a GeoVision system ?and if so can you share with us. Thanks in advance

Hi, if you mean an IP camera, you will need the decoder from the IP camera company to convert it to analog. Most of them will have encoders (video servers) and Decoders.

Hi, if you mean an IP camera, you will need the decoder from the IP camera company to convert it to analog. Most of them will have encoders (video servers) and Decoders.

I have had a IP camera for about 3 years now and the other end is a software in the pc to view the camera. So is this the decoder or is it some additional hardware?

you will need the IP camera's hardware decoder, as from that you would loop into the DVR input.

you will need the IP camera's hardware decoder, as from that you would loop into the DVR input.

Thank you, Iwill check with the manufacturer.

No prob, whats the name of the manufacturer?

"Veo Observer" is the software name. Tommorrow I will verify if that is also the name of the hardware company.

ft_cctv, kindly allow me to borrow your thread here..

rory..i have the exact same situation like what ft_cctv is having.

Customer wishes to have DVR system comprising of different camera types and functionality. Currently they're using Axis Cams. So is it possible for me to view the Axis cameras in my DVR? Will be using GeoVision 16ch card.

Many thanks in advance for your kind replies.

Couple of options, do you know the model number on the cameras?

Do you know if they have and analog out (maybe for a text monitor) on the camera itself?

Couple of options, do you know the model number on the cameras?

Do you know if they have and analog out (maybe for a text monitor) on the camera itself?

Currently exisitng Axis IP Cams in customers website are Axis 210, 211 and 2120.

Hopefully I can offer them another option.

They are screwed.

As a dealer you can offer to trade their functional cameras for suitable analogs and baluns but there would be a cost in it.

we have already did. we offered to trade-in their Axis cams. The thing is that they've just bought another like 4 new Axis because they need it urgently and they've gotta renew their existing cams, all 15 of them!!

gee...

Damn. This is something I've been looking for (Thanks Rory).

But, why does it have to be so expensive? Isn't there a cheaper alternative?

I have the same issue on a much smaller scale. I currently have 2 standard analog wireless camera's that I want to replace with IP wireless cameras (mainly so when the interference happens, it won't wreck the video like analog wireless is prone to) but all the wireless IP cameras I have seen usually transmit to a router or some other networking device that doesn't have an analog video converter to allow me to hook into my Geovision card.

But $600+ is too much for me to spend. Aren't there any cheap IP cameras that convert to an analog video stream that can be piped into a GV card?

Or a competitor to the Axis 292 product?

I would have thought the wireless interference with the network wireless would effect the video also?

Acti has IP Decoders also ..

Correct, but in a different way (I hope).

I could be wrong about this because I don't currently use any wireless IP camera's, but it is my hope that the interference to a wireless IP camera would just cause a framerate drop in the video signal as error correction would kick in and the interference would not distort the video signal (very similar to how video streams on the internet drop frames when you stream something like the NASA channel, etc.). If the interference is severe, I could see everything becoming blocky and then distort the picture, but with analog wireless, the slightest little blip in interference usually causes ugly random lines to appear in the video signal and the video hops and rolls from here to there and then straightens out, and it is this hopping that causes Geovision detection to go crazy so you get an all days worth of little skips and blips recorded because the video rolling triggers the Geovision no matter how high you have the threshold setting.

With analog wireless camera interference, you end up with a scrambled picture. I'm hoping that with an IP camera, you would get a perfect picture with a few dropped frames when there are minimal amounts of wireless interference. Do you know if this is true or not? If not, then I have no use for this product, but if IP camera interference is only dropped frames, and not a scrambled video signal, then I could use it. I think you have used wireless IP before so you tell me. What happens to wireless IP cams when they experience 2.4 gigahertz interference from microwaves, cordless phones, etc.?

Do you see distorted scrambled video, or do the frames just drop really low?

I wouldnt know .. never used Wireless IP Video ... yet .. just the regular Wireless Video ...

Wireless Eye may be able to answer that .. might want to start a new thread in the IP section for that ..

Checked with WirelessEye and he seems to prove my theory:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6835

"Your video stream is just a bunch of packets to the wireless, interference will cause your frame rate to slow or even stop."

This is good news. Now, I just have to test it out as it sounds like no one else on the forum has done this yet.

I can hardly wait. That is the only problem I currently have with analog wireless is that the interference triggers Geovision to record all the time because of the picture rolling, hopping.

With a wireless IP camera, since it's all just a data stream, the slow framerates shouldn't cause Geovision to record anything except real movement detected by the camera. This is much better than the rolling, hopping, jumping mess that is analog wireless.

Now the only thing that sucks is the price of that Axis product.

I'll have to see what else is available. I'll check the other company you mentioned.

No prob, whats the name of the manufacturer?

The manufacturer is "Veo" and the model is called "Observer"

Seen that online, looks like it uses its own software ..

Might want to check with the retailer and see if they can provide more info ..