ignatious

Environmental charge on purchase

Has anyone else been charged a "environmental fee" for buying a camera from defender? I am the one that will dispose of the camera when it is scrapped so why am I being charged a fee on my purchase? I have written twice to them for an explanation of the charge and have not gotten a reply. It is not much but , to me, it is a matter of honesty and integrity. They are not going to dispose of the camera and they will not tell me why I am being charged.  I have another 4 camera Defender system that I have had for 5-6 years and it works well. 

Hi it depends on what part of the world your in and the environment statement set by your area

enviromental fee in some areas and what products can’t be passed on to a customer as it’s designed to reduce plastics that company uses 

imports of goods in plastic boxes or bags and also covers foam packaging …. All of which could of been packed in something more environmentally friendly 

I would research plastic tax in your area

basically it’s a tax on plastics a company uses to reduce the tax they change to better packaging ….. it’s not right they should pass on that charge to a customer so they can pay that tax  

Yes, I find it inappropriate for the Defender company to pass on a tax to the consumer that is supposedly levied on them. I am being given a song and dance routine when I ask about this tax from the Defender company representative. I intend to continue my inquiry but I personally think that they need to adjust their prices and or stop trying to pass on their costs to their customers for a tax levied on them. It is simply not fair and makes them look crooked to me. They are not the ones who will need to pay the recycle fee on the goods they sell.