Sign in to follow this  
Jw94

Cctv system please help

Looking for a cctv system for around my property would like 4 cameras would also like them to be good quality day and night and able to detect movement and notify me iv been pointed towards hikvison can anyone help me with a good quality and suitable model if one does exist? 

kind regards 

2 hours ago, Jw94 said:

Looking for a cctv system for around my property would like 4 cameras would also like them to be good quality day and night and able to detect movement and notify me iv been pointed towards hikvison can anyone help me with a good quality and suitable model if one does exist? 

kind regards 

Hi what is your budget . Will you be installing yourself 

Hi my brother will be installing them he’s and electrician and has fitted a few cctv systems but isn’t really knowledgeable on quality brands has such and I haven’t really set a budget if I’m honest maybe somewhere around £500 for a kit if that’s reasonable or am I being a bit tight with this? 

Hi that’s a good budget . What size property is it for home or business 

In the uk I would not go for over priced hikvision 

what part of uk are you in

Hi it’s for my home i live in a 3 bedroom semi detached house in a rural village of Lincolnshire 

Nice part of the country I have a few installs in boston

your budget is in the right area for a 4 way system and I would go for a IP camera system which is cat5 run to each location of camera 

cat5 in the uk can be from £40 to £120 a roll of 305m which makes no sense but it will eat into your system budget

screwfix does 100m reel for £39 which should be enough for your house

i would look at viper nvr and cameras …. The nvr will run any iP camera upto 4K and has one of the best viewing apps available called SuperLive plus