k1lla

K-World / 8 Channel / 120 FPS / Security Card

I am a novice and before I heard about Geovision I plunked down $300 US on this K_World card. So far very good. I get 8 cameras recording simultaneously at 15 fps , the remote view is working well and was easy to set up,

Model: SEC4X_7134b

Video Input (per card): 8Ports

Audio Input (per card): 8Ports

Resolution: 320 x 240/640 x 240/640x480

Compression Format: Mjpeg/Mpeg4

Multi-Card Support: Stack up to 6 cards in 1 PC

Recording&Display: 1card: 100(PAL)/120(NTSC)

Frame Rate(fps): 4card:200(PAL)/200(NTSC)

DIO Boards Support(per card): 1 to 4 DIO boards

Watch Dog(Hardware): Support

I believe this is a relatively new and unknown brand out there, but I just want to say it aint bad!

(edit)...Now I have been using this card and recommended pc for about 3 weeks.(Using 3 bullets and 1 PTZ) In the 3 week period the DVR has gone down only once. I did not have a back up power supply and will add one soon. The remote view is working and I can control the one PTZ camera that I have. I am currently not able to use the auto function or the presets remotely, but I can use the preset function at the server. K-World is mailing me their DIO card to try to help me get the remote functions I am missing. I currently have an rs232/rs485 adapter for control of the PTZ camera.

Ultimately, if I can't get the remote auto function and the presets to work I will buy a geovision card.

Do these features work properly with the geovision card and/or do other cards require a specific IO card in order to properly control a PTZ camera.

I know the PTZ preset works great with DSS & Avermedia card without any I/O box or card and if you like you can try it out for yourself. Go to http://www.cctvmegastore.com/livedemo.asp click on Demo 1 which has camera 5 and camera 16 are PTZ camera. Select the camera 5 and on left sight click on PTZ Menu button. User name for that site is demo and password is ndvr which is also listed on that site but they do have 5 mins limit... Using Preset over the remote viwing is a basic function and they should work as long as they are manufatured by good company ...

Regards,

Sajaan