alexlook

AverMedia NV5000 Remote IE crash/hour-glassing during log-in

My AverMedia NV5000 w/ modules for 8-channel & sound record was installed on XP Pro, 3.0GHz HT CPU, 2 x 512MB DDR, 250Mb HDD, Intel i915 desktop board. Broadband is 2M/2M w/ real IPs & no firewall blocking.

However, I tried almost 10 different made workstations to test remote connect, but only 2 could properly went through the "ActiveX-Download-Login-Video procedure"

Even the one being successful the first time, it fails the second time.

I tried disabling Firewall, restore IE setting, uninstall anti-spywares, LAN IE access, talk to the Distributor (Everbest Co.) here in H.K., no light shed.

A patch was found on Google, mainly for clearing WebCamX files caches, yet no luck.

My questions are:

1. If the problem is on the server, and IE of Micro$oft fails to tell why it should die, why doesn't AverMedia bundle a client remote software hopfully serving this purpose better?

2. Since NV5000 program doesn't allow user to minimize its Windows, Is there a way to let me open Task Manager for checking resources-related issues?

3. Any official documentations from AverMedia stating which XP Services must be enabled while some could be shut down - this surely would trim down XP and let server run faster.

4. If NV5000 server was up and running, could it inform admin. of any abnormal issues like: Recording sync. problem, remote login failed etc.

5. Could representative for AverMedia here be kind enough to teach me how to trouble-shoot my case?

6. Maybe its time to switch to GeoVision. Any similar issues from GV?

Thanks in advance.

Wendy do you have a link for the Avermedia Remote Client if it is available.

This would be a good thread to post it in for any future forum searches.

Thanks

Rory

1. They do have CMS3000 which allows you to connect 16 DVRs upto 256 camera available and you can download it from www.iLinkPro.com. Also, download the most updated software for NV5000 which works great!!! from that website but you will need the CD-Key which should have came with your DVR Card CD. Same key will work.

2. There is a way to min. your screen on server by clicking on power button on lower left corner and click on min. button. With new release you can also launch the server in Silent mode.

3. Avermedia recommends the most upto date patch from microsoft for XP but you can check FAQ on http://www.aver.com/dvr/support/support.html. i don't think they any thing like that...

4. I don't think they have that feature available but would be a good recommendation for Avermedia I hope Wendy reads this and I will also email them these recoemmendation for next release. I know you can have "I am alive alert every night and also on Video loss, Hard Disk fail, & POS text".

6. I have made a move from Geo to Aver long time ago as I have fund that Aver is much easier to use for end user because @ the end of the day it's the end user who will be using it and alot more stable. I have also install close to 8 thousand Aver DVR after givig up on Geo few years go.

Hope this will help you save your investment on Aver board.

Best regards,

Sajaan