Siiak

Need Help and advice

Hi All,

This is a very good site and I have learned a lot of thingsI frequently read the post, but never registered, something strange happened today at a clients store for which I need some help.

We installed a Samsung DVR, and its working fine for past 6 months, client called me that the dvr suddnly stopped recording, right after 2 guys showed up to buy some jewellery, he thought they looked fishy so he went to make a vhs after they left and found that the dvr's recording is off althought the unit is still on, there was no electrical problems as well I told him to reset the dvr and it worked fine.

Here is the strange thing, when I reviewed the recording with him, we noticed strange interferences in the 2 cameras then there was some ghosting effects and poof recording stopped, this happened when these guys showed up before that and after restart everything works ok is there a way to shoot something at the dvr to make it stop recording or courpt the data.

Any help would be appricaited.

regds

Edward

wow thats crazy and you say there was no electrical failer.Do you have a back up battery for the dvr?What about other employes do they have asses to the dvrs.Also how often are you eraising the old data on the harddrives.

Does the dvr keep an event log? If it does, check it see if there are any reported problems (like hard drive problems, power, system failure etc)

Probably just coincendence.

Are you in the US?

How much value is in the jewelry?

Got outside cameras?

Hi all,

The DVR has a UPS, and the installation was done at a mall, no we did not install any outside cameras just the inside, Im located in US, TX.

Thanks all