Sign in to follow this  
BillAk

Remote monitoring a Dahua camera with a Dahua XVR

Hello,

I own a 16Ch Dahua analog recorder and I have 7 cameras on it and planning to add 2 more local cameras. (Sorry I am out of home and can't check the model now.) For the past almost 2 years it has never failed me.

I don't leave it online due to previous discussions in this forum about Dahua data collection, general safety issues etc etc. So it is running 99% of times local only, offline, monitored via HDMI. I only some times put it online I am out of the house to keep an eye there; making sure nothing like a PC or NAS is online in the same network. The cameras are watching outside my house not very private areas so I don't really care. (Well I do, but what can you do? Is there a 100% safe company?). For when I leave home I use the P2P option that as far as people say here is terrible safe wise. Is it still? Opening ports, I don't get it and it feels even more dangerous than P2P. Anyway.

Now...

I am going to create a separate network that will have no access to other devices like computers, NAS devices, smart devices etc so I can keep the XVR online all the time. The reason why I want the recorder to be online is because I need to add 3 remote IP cameras on it so I can watch the office when home. I tested adding a demo camera that is in DAHUA offices (with IP, username & password and a port.) and it was working fine. I was expecting adding an IP camera to disable the DMS

The problem: we do not have a static IP in the office

That means that even if I manage to add the camera (I don't want to open a port in my router) the IP is going to change in a few hours/days/weeks so this is pointless. Did I mention I don't want to open a port? xD

So the questions:

1. Is there a safe company we can trust to have an XVR/NVR online all the time on our network? Is Dahua safer than in the past?

2. Using Dahua; how can I add the remote camera if I have no static IP? I would use a DNS service but the DNS provides an domain not a static IP right?

Thank you forum.

8 hours ago, BillAk said:

The reason why I want the recorder to be online is because I need to add 3 remote IP cameras on it so I can watch the office when home

Hi which part of the world are you in ???