dcarter4

Looking for PRO-level HDCVI DVR with IR/IP Control

Hey All!

I'm a former AV installer, just trying to keep my home running. I was a Crestron guy, so all my stuff is home-run, etc. I'm looking for a good, 16 channel HDCVI (all my camera runs are RG6Q with Cat 5e backup) with IR and or IP control.

I guess this function is being removed from newer DVR's? I currently have a Dahua DVR which is OK. You can't touch the coax BNC connectors...or you'll lose 3 channels...but OK!!  It's working, but I always like to have a backup

device in mind, so I can do a quick purchase when this model dies. I WAS looking at their $ 1,400 X84R line...but they removed all IR control!! Yep...the $ 500 model has it...the $ 1,400 doesn't??!!

I need IR or IP control so I can use all these expensive touchpads in my home, to bring up a channel of my choice. It's also worked into all the programming the family has enjoyed for years.

What are you installers putting these days? I wouldn't mind stepping up the build quality while I'm at it!  I feel like I'm going to break this thing...everytime I disconnect a cable!

Can anyone recommend a good DVR with 4K recording and IR/IP Channel control?  I'd like to play around with IP Cameras down the line, so it must take both coax and IP cams.

TIA

Sincerely,

D