jwmachon

CCTV Picture Help

Hi,

I have set up a couple of cameras on my pc the problem is when the cams are plugged straight into the TV the picture is great but when i plug them into my dvr card the picture is not rubbish but alot poorer than through tv its a bit fuzzy compared to tv with lines scrolling up.

Im using a tft monitor, 64mb onboard graphics card, and a dvr card is a sdvr 25 or 50fps not sure which one

How can i get the quality same as on the TV

Thanks,

Jonny

i believe the max it well set on the card is 380x248 wont go any higher the pic on the 14inch normal tv tho is really good compared could it be my graphics card

thanks,

jonny

It's most likely somewhat no problem and somewhat your DVR.

Whats the native resolution for your LCD? (probably 1024*768 or more)

The one for your TV is probably somewhere between 600*350 and 700*500.

If that was a new badboy HiDef say 1366*768 TV it would look about equally crappy.

If your DVR supported 640*480 recording it would help some but 480 lines blown up to 800 still doesn't look so great. Also it can use crappy or over compression further enlarging the problem.

This is basically like putting a postage stamp in a xerox machine and enlarging it 200%. It doesn't look the same after you blow it up that far.

How far from the TV were you? Match that with the LCD. Most are confortable sitting 10-15" from their computer monitors but their TVs they are usually feet away.

im looking at them both about 2 feet away the normal tv is jyst crystal clear where as the tft monitor is really ppixely i have checked the resolution of the dvr card now im home and the cams are set as 352x288 does this mean i need a better dvr card. This is the card i have

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-CHANNEL-CCTV-PCI-DVR-VIDEO-CARD-LICENCED-VERSION_W0QQitemZ200043344538QQihZ010QQcategoryZ48632QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and these are the cams

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-420TV-WIRED-COLOUR-CCD-CCTV-CAMERA-MAX-50M-AT-NIGHT_W0QQitemZ200043804091QQihZ010QQcategoryZ48632QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,

Jonny[/url]

If you are plugging the Camera directly into the TV, that is analogue and it is always going to be a better image than the PC Monitor, the best image will be on a CCTV CRT but then that depends on the camera as to how crisp it will be.

should i be able to set a better resolution than 352x288 card like 640*480 is that the reason why its fuzzy its just that 352*288 is the highest it will let me select

I had the same card a while ago, but with the pico-2000 software that turned out to be not legit....

Not sure what your software will allow, the card itself is based on the bt878 if I recall, and is capable of full pal resolution, but I never had much luck when I had one, it had lines showing when things moved as the de-interlacing didnt seem to be very good. No idea if its better with the new software.

Do you have a link to the software manufacturers website, where the new software is that is used with the card, maybe able to see some clues from that.

Might even download a demo, see what the differences are between what I got off ebay and what they are selling at that place.

Not using the card now, but from memory, I am sure it was higher than the 320 or whatever it is you are getting now. Think it was at full pal resolution.

The pic *should* look better at a higher resolution, if you can get it to work, the card is capable of it, it even says so in the auction (768 x 576 (PAL) )

Depends on the software, and the card - but in general the higher the res, the better the pic.

My problem was the pic quality with the software I had with the card was just not very good, especially with any moving images, like a zig/zag effect. Gave up on it in the end and just stuck a tv tuner card in (same actual bt788 or whatever chip, just better software).

There must be a option somewhere to change the resolution, so you can see if its any good at a higher res, maybe this new software is better, no idea!

Never used the new software so cant say without looking at it first hand.

i have checked everywhere and there is a setting but that is the maxiumum thats on there there is some lower but i have set it to max i dont even know what software i need think i will get a new card i have contacted where i got it from to see if they can help thanks guys