ft_cctv

New install problem - need help

Using a AMD processor with 512MB Ram. Hardware and software installed fine for GV800.

Geo software loads and runs fine without any cameras connected.

When a camera is connected the pc freezes. I am stumped. Help please.

Make sure it is not using a VIA chipset on the motherboard .. need Intel, or even SIS will work sometimes.

Whats the other PC specs?

1. get rid of AMD

2. check to see if your motherboard is intel chipset (not talking about the cpu)

3. you may have a camera causing the problem, plug 1 in at a time and see if anything changes

Sounds like a hardware (cough cough AMD) problem, also go to geovisions website and download the most up to date software if it is a new card

1. get rid of AMD

2. check to see if your motherboard is intel chipset (not talking about the cpu)

3. you may have a camera causing the problem, plug 1 in at a time and see if anything changes

Sounds like a hardware (cough cough AMD) problem, also go to geovisions website and download the most up to date software if it is a new card

Hi Rory, this is a used pc and I do not have any technical documents on it. So what do you use to get the chipset info etc....

Windows system information was not helpfull.

Thanks in advance

easiest way is to open up the case and look for a name on the board, it would be a chip .. kind of square and thin .. would say Intel, Via, SIS, ATI, NVidea, or others ..

easiest way is to open up the case and look for a name on the board, it would be a chip .. kind of square and thin .. would say Intel, Via, SIS, ATI, NVidea, or others ..

I think the chip has a cooling and a heat sink on it and it is besides the CPU chip. Also the mother board says Soho on it. If that helps any.

Wow, that was nice to see pic's. I will have get back to you on that tommorrow. Any thing else I need to look for ?

Well look for that chip and the name on it .. if it says VIA then for sure that will cause problems with the GV-800 .. actually I had it working with a Via one time for a day or so, but it was the DSP card that caused the main issues with the Via Chipset .. either way I switched to an SIS chipset and its been running fine ever since .. but its just as cheap to buy an Intel Chipset these days .. which is recommended by Geo anyway.

If you can get a Motherboard model number would be good also ..

If it is a name brand PC even easier to find out .. also age of PC ..

to see whether just upgrading the Mobo would even be worth it .. as opposed to completely new parts for a new build.

Well look for that chip and the name on it .. if it says VIA then for sure that will cause problems with the GV-800 .. actually I had it working with a Via one time for a day or so, but it was the DSP card that caused the main issues with the Via Chipset .. either way I switched to an SIS chipset and its been running fine ever since .. but its just as cheap to buy an Intel Chipset these days .. which is recommended by Geo anyway.

If you can get a Motherboard model number would be good also ..

If it is a name brand PC even easier to find out .. also age of PC ..

to see whether just upgrading the Mobo would even be worth it .. as opposed to completely new parts for a new build.

Thanks. Took your advice, rather than worry about the mobo, I just bought a new one + 512MB Ram for $220. Will let you know if I have any problems.

PS the old mobo was a K7V-Dragon Plus. Via chipset all the way.