yanko10

Digiflower, Anykeeper or Dvrnet remote audio playback?

Hello. I am looking for a dvr card that will do remote audio and video playback over the network. i only need 1 channel audio. tried with dvrnet but the playback is extremely slow over 100mb lan connection. the video looks laggy and its nowhere near realtime. and the audio will not play. any suggestions? thanx in advance.

Check out the AVerMedia NV6480Express line. We are currently testing the board and have been able to push the recording resolution to 30fps for each camera at 640x480 (480fps total for the 16 cameras) on the server. Not sure how it will perform over WAN. But on LAN (10mbps network), we are getting close to realtime 29fps in single channel display mode.

For best remote viewing, I heard the NV7000H (H.264 hardware compression) is the best among all the NV line. This card also supports 8 to 16 ch audio recording as well

Sounds like he's going for the Budget Cards ... Avermedia and Geovision are probably out of his budget. Cant comment on either of those 3 listed, though I have used geo with remote audio with success. In fact they have a demo which is streaming a DVD on one of the cameras, which has audio, so maybe worth checking out.

well what i need is to play back the audio when going thru the recordings. from another computer on the network. price is not really a concern as long as i get it done.