jennybdc

Eyemax Dvr repair in Dallas area?

I have an eyemax dvr system in the Dallas area that I'm having trouble with -- does anyone know someone in the area that does service/repair on these? I have the PC based system -- thanks!

Well, I have three camaras, and two of them are not coming up -- I think I may need new cables for those to connect them into the computer. Also -- when I try to remotely access the camaras by going to my IP address, a screen pops up saying "Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher." There is no option for me to override windows. I just recently upgraded the DVR software to version 4.5.0.0 and have had this issue ever since. I never had a problem remotely viewing until I got the new software, and now I don't know how to go back to the old software. My business is in Arlington, and I was really hoping to get a technician down there to look at it, but I don't know who handles these systems in the Dallas area...

Okay the first problem sounds like it may be solved with DVR configuration.

Did they give you a password that allows you to get into the DVR settings?

You have to enable every camera you wish to use.

The other issue is on the PC you are connecting with, you need to back down your security settings. Then install the DVR's remote viewing software, then if you likie ramp your security back up.

I had passwords set up -- one to open the first camara, and then another to open the other two camaras, but I've had to reformat the hard drive because of viruses. Now the user name and password is just the default "admin" and no password. Is there another password I'm supposed to have? All of these problems started with the reformatting & I'm having issues getting everything back up and running. I downloaded the new software from the eyemax dvr website. I did what you suggested & lowered my security settings & it DID work. Unfortunately, the user name & password that I used to log on with now no longer work. How do I reset everything? Thanks so much for all your help!

Oh no you are all good at this point You have the highest level password. You need to find a way to get into it's configuration, often they use an icon that looks like tools. I service all kinds of DVRs but never specifically an Eyemax, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Login using admin and no password.

select control

select setup

select user

select add

enter your user name and your password in the boxes

select color adjustment.search,event log, multi access,network, backup and save image-do NOT check the admin mode box.

I would also recomend adding a password to the admin user

Also do not use a code that has admin attributes assigned to it to log into the server except to make changes to the system as you will not be able to log in remotely, you will get a error message "multi-access" denied

Doug

I had passwords set up -- one to open the first camara, and then another to open the other two camaras, but I've had to reformat the hard drive because of viruses. Now the user name and password is just the default "admin" and no password. Is there another password I'm supposed to have? All of these problems started with the reformatting & I'm having issues getting everything back up and running. I downloaded the new software from the eyemax dvr website. I did what you suggested & lowered my security settings & it DID work. Unfortunately, the user name & password that I used to log on with now no longer work. How do I reset everything? Thanks so much for all your help!

Thank you Doug -- that was a huge help! I am now able to log on remotely. Would you happen to know what I need to do to configure my camaras to show onscreen? Only one out of my three camaras are up... Thank you! Also -- is this your occupation & are you available for hire in the Dallas area?

Do they show a blank screen or a screen with a logo on it?, if so they are probably not enabled in the setup.

If they show a blue screen with "No video" or "No video signal" or something like that then they are enabled in the setup but there is a problem either with the wiring/cameras or power supplies.

To enable the cameras

Control

Setup

Device

check the boxes of the cameras that you want to enable

also set the event recording frame rate and resolution you require

The event recording rate is the frame rate at which the cameras will record when motion is detected, the recording rate is the rate they will record when motion is not detected depending on the schedule settings.

Note that both recording rate and event recording rate are dependent on the settings under the schedule tab, if the schedule settings are not set correctly, recording will not occur.

You should check under "schedule" that the recording mode you require is correctly set.

Most people set them for "motion" or "Higher frame recording on event"

There are many other settings you need to check, including the recording quality, motion sensitivity and motion mask.

You can find these settings by going to the device setup page and clicking the + icon next to the camera in the left column. Then click on the individual camera and set the recording quality and sensitivity.

Click on the zone settings and it will display the motion mask, clear any areas that don't want to trigger motion recording by clicking and dragging the mouse.

Yes, this is my occupation and no Dallas is a little too far, sorry

Doug

Thank you Doug -- that was a huge help! I am now able to log on remotely. Would you happen to know what I need to do to configure my camaras to show onscreen? Only one out of my three camaras are up... Thank you! Also -- is this your occupation & are you available for hire in the Dallas area?

To set up different passwords for different cameras

control

setup

user

either add or modify

select the options you want this user to have access to

select the cameras you want this user to be able access from the list of

channels on the right hand side of the screen

click OK

Note: The cameras must be enabled in the device menu first

Doug

It's the blue screen with "no video signal" so I guess it's the wiring? So maybe I just need to replace the wires from the camaras to the computer? Do you know where I could purchase those? Thanks!

Its unlikely that two cables would fail at the same time as you updated the software, if you've moved the DVR during the update process then its possible that you've dislodged or loosened a connection on the back of the DVR.Also you should check that the camera cables are connected to the correct leads on the DVR and that you haven't unplugged the power supplies to the cameras.

Doug

It's the blue screen with "no video signal" so I guess it's the wiring? So maybe I just need to replace the wires from the camaras to the computer? Do you know where I could purchase those? Thanks!

Okay -- so I checked all the cables & power supplies and they are all connected properly. The cables from the two camaras that aren't coming up are frayed & stripped, so I really think I just need to replace those. Do you know where I can order two of those? This is what the cable reads: Condomex-3(UL) type CL2 Composite Cable Coaxial Type RG-59\U. + Cable 2 cond 18 awg000002486FT. This is all jibberish to me, but I was hoping it would make sense to you...