kerb

Avermedia NV3000 remote PTZ operation

Hi,we have our Avermedia NV3000's (latest software version) setup to allow remote control of the PTZ cameras through the web interface.

Does anyone know if it is possible to operate the PTZ cameras through the remote console as we prefer it to the slightly clunky web interface.

Am I missing something obvious?

CMS software is OK but refuses to run under anything other than 1024x768. I'm starting to get a bit hacked off with seemingly arbitrary limitations writen into the Avermedia software.

Would I get more flexibility with Geovision?

You could try PTZ Pro which is a multi-user, network enabled PTZ Control application. It supports Pelco P, Pelco D and CTNCOM protocols. You can download it at www.vidiguard.com

PTZ Pro operates independently of your PC-based DVR application and you can install multiple copies of the client control program (PTZ Pro Remote) on as many PCs as you wish.

PTZ Pro operates independently of your PC-based DVR application

Now that sounds perfect, so I can stick with the Avermedia remote console, and control the PTZ with a separate app. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

I spoke to my rep at iLink and they are trying to get Avermedia to add that option into remoteAP. soon as they come out with the new release iLink will posted on there web site @ www.iLinkPro.com. Until then you can use this other option recommended in previous post by VGMAn.