mariner

Geovision Update 8.1 pulled for download

Looks like you can no longer download the 8.1 update. Does anybody know why?

Probably because Geo's FTP website is overloaded. Too many customers wanted to download 8.1.

ive made an automated installation for it .. wonder what the legalities of posting the whole thing as a zip file on my site would be ..?

Hope this is OK to post, you can download all of the 8.1 software from our website. You may have to register on the site first, but it is quick and painless.

You will find the downloads in the Support area under Software Downloads

cool .. anyway ill be posting the automated installation script later today once i do a write up for it .. and upload the files .. its a script so one can edit it however they like .. im tired of installing 8.1 so many times on my PC to test it, i just gotta upload it as i know it works great

I also tried to download 8.1 from the GV site. Their server keeps timing out. I called theit tech support line, spoke to a tech, and he said that the server is located in Taiwan and is overloaded. He gave me a password to access the GV FTP server - same results. He asked for my boards s/n, I gave it to him and he is mailing me a genuine GeoVision CD with the complete 8.1 and an install file. Haven't received it yet, I'm expecting it hopefully tomorrow.