rayh78

IR or low light

Any recommendations. Just looking for something to keep eye on a car that someone has been messing with. Sits about 40 ft away from my house on the road and I do have a 50 watt HPS light 20 ft away form car.

Got a Advermedia DVR with a IR cam that does OK. A GS232 from Gadspot. But wondering if a day/night cam would be better.

But why dont they make one like a IR cam without the IR lights.

Seems you have to buy a cam then a waterproof box which make this twice the size.

I have light about like a full moon is there a rule of thumb when to use IR or not.

Thanks

generally a "box" camera will outperform most bullets. I've started using WDR armor domes because they are eye appealing and work as good as "box" camera's.

Rule of Thumb; budget usually drives need to go with IR over motion lighting. I like to recommend motion lighting as it works well and requires less maintenaince. Better for the customer.

And, I do used cheaper IR bullets in smaller area's as they do work well enough for the requirement.

Bottom Line; there are many different camera's, IR, DVR's and other technical toys available. If you want to get your $$$$ worth in the long run hire a Professional installer.