Geo Hardware Compression cards, any one tried them yet?

Has anyone tried out the new Geo Hardware Compression Cards yet? I'd like to see the video quality comparred to say a GV800.

Has anyone tried out the new Geo Hardware Compression Cards yet? I'd like to see the video quality comparred to say a GV800.

Live video:

- same as in Combo cards, very smooth, picture quality a bit worse than GV800.

Recorded video:

- smooth as live view, better than GV800

- picture quality MPEG4 same as GV800

- picture quality MPEG2 (VCD or DVD) - much greater DVD quality + possibility to export recorded images to a DVD-Video disc. Huge storage neccessary however.

AND finally you can create 16 channel system, 400 fps, PAL D1 resolution, using two GV-2008 cards. GV-1480 couldn't do it (CIF resolution only).

So you would say that the MPEG2 is that much better of quality. I'd really like to see a sample of the hardware and software cards side by side (ie same cam on both). I would order them for a demo but they are very expensive. Too bad Geo didn't have some sample clips or something.

So you would say that the MPEG2 is that much better of quality. I'd really like to see a sample of the hardware and software cards side by side (ie same cam on both). I would order them for a demo but they are very expensive. Too bad Geo didn't have some sample clips or something.

Okay, I'll prepare some MPEG2 samples on Monday.

Thanks a lot Tpolus, that's great. I have been wanting to see them for a while. In an effort to get exact fps in D1 I talked to our supplier who said that both the GV800 and 1480 will give the same fram rate in D1. Does't geo realize everyone records in 640x480? Anyways, thanks again and I'm looking forward to takin a look at the samples.

Okay, I'll prepare some MPEG2 samples on Monday.

Done. Here are some pictures to compare GV800 and GV2008 quality:

http://temp.polvision.com.pl/geovision/gv-800%20vs%20gv-2008%20pics.zip

Camera is 470 TVL. I know - could be better.

And here is full MPEG2 video from this PTZ camera, recorded using GV-2008 card:

Mirror1) http://www.geovision.com.tw/geo/temp/MPEG2_sample.Avi

Mirror2) http://www.fingerprint.com.pl/tomek/MPEG2_sample.avi

thanks a lot tpolus. the stills sure looked better but the video clip wasn't that impressive. What resolution was it in? In WMP it was super widescreen.

thanks a lot tpolus. the stills sure looked better but the video clip wasn't that impressive. What resolution was it in? In WMP it was super widescreen.

Everything was in D1 resolution (720x576 - full PAL)

Thanks again for the test files and the still shots. Are you installing a lot of these systems or do you still stick with the GV800's or combo cards?

Thanks again for the test files and the still shots. Are you installing a lot of these systems or do you still stick with the GV800's or combo cards?

GV-2004 and GV-2008 (require 8.1 software) are completely new products in Poland and 8.1 Polish is still in beta. Therefore, we currently have few installations. GV-800 and Combo rulez

I looked at the video again, and I checked it's properties and it said it was in a resolution of 720X288. Maybe that's why the quality isn't that great?

I looked at the video again, and I checked it's properties and it said it was in a resolution of 720X288. Maybe that's why the quality isn't that great?

You are right, I can also see that some objects are shrinked in comparison to GV800 recording.

However, I'm 100% sure both cards recorded in 720x576 PAL D1. Maybe Save as AVI option shrinked it... (but why and why only for GV2008?)