i'm kind of new to the whole cctv stuff and i have a few questions. mainly i've only been involved in POS equipment and maintenance, but it seems that my department will be taking over our company's camera systems as well now.

thing is we had a guy doing all of our stores and after a ton of research i was able to figure out that he was using the digiflower df-2000 card. now we have about 100 locations using this system and would kind of like to keep everything the same, esp since everyone is already used to the software.

i've done some looking online but i can't find anywhere here in the states to buy this card. does anyone know where i can purchase this card in the US or what other DF cards would work with the same software?

thanks

i understand your pain... i'm somewhat in the same boat, i work for our company's mantenance department and we keep getting handed more responsibilities as the company is consolidating departments... most of our dvr stuff is novex2000 based, but some of it is strange.. all of it installed by outside contractors years ago, who left no documentation whatsoever so it's up to us to reverse-engineer everything.

i'm pretty sure i've seen the digiflower cards marketed as avd cards with similar numbers, df-2000 marketed as the avd-2000 for example.. as far as i know there are only 3 models: 900, 1000 and 2000. what software are the systems currently running?

thanks marzsit, i'll do some looking into the avd and hopefully can find something that way.

the guy we had doing this was an outside guy, but his response time and service was not the best. he wouldn't return calls for weeks and we'd just get bills for things we didn't know about. his systems work good, just bad service. though his systems do seem to run into more overheating and shutting down issues then what our systems do though.

any suggestions on must read guides to cctv stuff? or any good faqs to try and get up to speed on systems?

well i can't insert a pic or link to another thread with the software, but if you pull up a thread by AMI posted on Aug 17, 2005 entitled: "Can anyone identify this DVR software?", thats what we are using. it's all grey with the date and time in a red circle in the top right corner.

if we were to upgrade his systems to another card, would it be as easy as removing the card, installing a new one and just configuring the new software? or is there more involved on these systems?

thanks loop.

i do see a DF-2400 board listed on hananet. does anyone know if this uses the same software as the 2000?