Hi everyone, I'm setting up a home surveillance system and I'm trying to connect digital witness center 4.13 (aka diginet) to the digital witness (server) on another computer on my LAN through a d-link DIR-625 wireless router. I am running the same version client and server, have a password(same) on both and have tried setting up port forwarding on the router based on the ports listed in the server program. The only thing that appeared odd is that I couldn't set up 8080 for port forwarding because my router said it conflicted with remote management port. That must be a standard setting that I don't think I set up. I've had one of 2 results: a counter with a completion bar starts counting then comes back with connection failed or what I think is close to sucess: incorrect private NO vs site code. I've put the same site code and name in both. And firewalls are down. Can anyone help please, this is making me nuts.

if it is a linksys router you should be able to change the management port from 8080 to anything else. likewise, you can change the port of the dvr program you are using.