Lloyd

Bosch camera questions

I got a few Bosch questions ....

(1) Is it the Bosch LTC 495 that is discribed by cctv_down_under in the photo below as the "Bosch True Day/Night"?

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6562&highlight=camera+comparison

57496_1.jpg

---------------

(2) When I look at the spec pdf file for the LTC 495 series, I have a question.

I see 495/11 and 495/21 are for the low voltage models, and 495/51 and 495/61 are for the higher volatge models.

495.jpg

I don't see any expaination as to the difference between the 11 and 21 on the first, and the 51 and 61 on the second.

Could someone please tell me?

--------------

(3) When using the Bilinx method of setting up this camera, what type of connector is required to establish the connection?

The pdf shows a T connection in the cable that runs from camera to recorder.

What type of connection is at the T ?

Do you just clamp onto the cable with a connector that comes with the camera???

Do they provide 'Bilinx software' that you install and run on the PC you use for making changes in camera settings.

Thanks guys.

1/ Yes that picture was the Bosch LTC0495/11

2/ I am not sure, when they brought out new stuff for the XF it went from LTC0485/10 to LTC0485/11 and I think it was a slight change in the DSP, but not sure, the big difference in number looks like PAL version VS NTSC

3/ The Bilinx is a combination of Hardware and Software, you simply add a BNC T Piece anywhere in the cable, IE if a camera is cabled to the DVR then remove it from the DVR end add a T Piece and a small lead to continue it to the DVR, then connect the Bilinx hardware that goes to USB on your laptop and works with the software, this means the data signal travels on the coax and is grabbed by the USB device and interfaces with the software, unless of course you are using some of the Bosch DVR's which have Bilinx built into it.