I've been using other PC Based systems lately and finally got turned on to Netpromax. The interface is cool, 99% controlled with a mouse. I had an application that required a mouse interface so this was perfect. The video is good, compression is great, records in 4 CIF no problem, motion recording was incredible compared to others. And the case it came in was outstanding!

So far so good. I ran the machine a few days in my shop and it was fun to use. My client is playing with it now and will be "beta" testing it for me and him of course.

I'll keep you posted, but so far its two thumbs up! They have a killer return policy too so I encourage you to try them out. The systems come pre-configured and they are using great components inside the box.

I have a client with like 4 of them, they are okay, not as many features as Geo though, but still good local US support and no major problems with them. As far as I know, they use to be Comart cards also.

..and they are solid as a rock!

how long you been using them for now..?

they do lack alot of the common accessories though.

I have other issues with them, which are why I would never use them myself, but I wont go into that in this thread.

Otherwise they arent bad.

well solid as a rock so far. I've dealt with fair number of PC based systems and this thing is prefabbed with cool features, solid components, great cases, and killer manufacturer support...........all of that equals solid as a rock!

I've got a pretty extensive client working on it right now and he is very pleased with performance and simplicity! Sometimes a happy client is the most important!

I will of course update with progress reports on performance!

Have you checked the PC specs? Nice cases but ...

The machines the client have here have very low memory (128MB with XP!)

1-Channel Audio - uses the PC's onboard Motherboard MIC input (possibly a card accessory?)

Restart required to rescan channels (maybe fixed in a newer version?)

Windows XP is loaded with all default settings, which is unsecure, and slow generally.

Other than that, no other complaints from me

Hey, a couple of them have been running now for a couple years without any major issues, so they work.

-Killer cases

-512mb min. memory

-16 ch. audio from dongle

-Rescan of channels is done upon exit of setup

-Windows XP or XP Pro on certain units, tweaked a bit too!

So far so good!!!!

Guess they changed them a bit then ... which is good.

XP wasnt tweaked at all on the units my client have .. full XP theme and everything else ..

still have the XP theme....

well its simple to change

(see my tweak software!!)