CoolDude

DVR-Monitor Output.

Is it possible to overload the main monitor output from a DVR by running 3 monitors on it. I am using the spot monitor output also. I am losing video output to them even though the DVR is still recording.

Thanks

You have three monitors. You have two looped in and out from the main out of the DVR and the third on the second DVR output (VCR or Switched).

I would think this should not give you much trouble. The variables are the monitors. There are some on the market that are entry level that may give you this kind of problem. On higher end monitors I would think this would give you the least problem.

I would remove the monitors one at a time to see which one is giving the grief.

I would suspect the monitor cables to be more of the problem in all honesty.

What kind of problem are you having? Static? No video at all? Do both sources share the same problem, or is it only on the one feed?

You have tried swapping cables, so I am probably wasting your time.

Oh well! I tried!

I do not know what to tell you. Excluding the above advice, I am stumped. I wonder if the power supply blowing had anything to do with this. I really doubt it though.

If you hook up one monitor to you get a good video? If so then I would use a dist amp that you can get at Rdo Shk, and split up the signal this way.

Keep me posted.

As scorpion said, the basic to all troubleshooting.

Either you remove components 1 by 1 till it works, or your add components 1 by 1 till it doesn't.

From there, you'll be able to pinpoint the problem.

It's either,

1. Cable Problem.

2. Monitor Problem.

3. Video Signal issues .3 monitor normally i would recommend pumping the signal through a distributor or daisy chain it through the monitor (those with loopout)