knorman@ctis.cc

Need Wavelet Reader / Warereader 3.0.56

I have a video file CD from a pending claim I am investigating and have been unable to open any of the files. The agency who provided the CD said they are using Wavelet Reader / Warereader 3.0.56 to view the CD.

Can anyone tell me where I can obtain a copy of the program?

Sincerely,

Keith Norman

That is odd. Per a letter accompanying the CD, the agency providing the CD wrote:

"I checked the CD twice to make sure it was working properly. We are using Wavelet Reader/WareReader version 3.0.56."

I wonder if there is some confusion at their end...

Dont know. but WaveReader has been .60D and .rdb for the past several years, i was using it with the Kalatel DVRs from way back when, I started with version 3.0.

4.0 is the oldest version I have now. They have a newer version on the GE site also.

Now, Phillips use to use WaveReader also (before they became part of Bosch), and a UK company used it with Kalatel DVRs under a different name (Vista). I believe they were all the same though.

The company that originally developed Wavereader is Impac Technologies, but they merged with Kalatel, which eventually became part of GE.

Just checked and 4.0 also will play *.20D files, Jpeg2000.

Perhaps the .D26 is the older Jpeg format ...

No idea about the other file extension though. I wrote my own software for Kalatel DVRs from back in 2003/4 .. didnt have those extensions then either.

EDIT:

I found versions 3.1 and 1.9. They are both listed below:

http://www.geindustrial.com/ge-interlogix/software/WaveReader-1_9.zip

http://www.geindustrial.com/ge-interlogix/software/WaveReader_Ver_3-1.ZIP

I have version 4 on my PC so I cant install the older ones to test. But these were the original versions they had on their site from several years ago.

.MVB files are Microsoft Viewer Book files. Apparently the video has been encapsulated into that format. It is possible that microsoft media player or Real player might be able to display the file.

Andy