helin

Lan remote liveview/viewlog

I have five gv-1480 on 1000Mbit lan and two client pc.

What client program is best to liveview cameras from all five dvr? (Don't need to see all 80 cameras live just some one)

And what client program is best to viewlog from all dvr's?

Multiview or Center V2 or Remote Play Back or Control Center or something diferent?

I have five gv-1480 on 1000Mbit lan and two client pc.

What client program is best to liveview cameras from all five dvr? (Don't need to see all 80 cameras live just some one)

And what client program is best to viewlog from all dvr's?

Multiview or Center V2 or Remote Play Back or Control Center or something diferent?

You ask "what client program is best". Control Center is the best of all, but it costs additional money. If you don't want to spend money, use RemoteViewLog (8.1 or newer version), but it's unable to playback videos from many DVRs at the same time. You can install it for free by connecting to Geo Web server with internet browser and when installed, you can use it to connect and playback videos from one DVR at a time (connection dialog appears at RemoteViewLog's startup).

You ask "what client program is best". Control Center is the best of all, but it costs additional money. If you don't want to spend money, use RemoteViewLog (8.1 or newer version), but it's unable to playback videos from many DVRs at the same time. You can install it for free by connecting to Geo Web server with internet browser and when installed, you can use it to connect and playback videos from one DVR at a time (connection dialog appears at RemoteViewLog's startup).

Also keep in mind you can create "virtual servers" with MultiView - meaning you can pick and choose different cameras from the five servers and combine them into a single "virtual server".

Both MultiView and Center V2 are nice for viewing live cameras from different servers, but neither of them give you much flexibility for playback.

Also keep in mind you can create "virtual servers" with MultiView - meaning you can pick and choose different cameras from the five servers and combine them into a single "virtual server".

Both MultiView and Center V2 are nice for viewing live cameras from different servers, but neither of them give you much flexibility for playback.

Yes, but I thought "playback" means play recorded videos, not live view... Am I wrong?

Yes, but I thought "playback" means play recorded videos, not live view... Am I wrong?

No...I agreed with what you posted. The poster had asked about live viewing too...so I was just expanding on that. In my last sentence I made the point that neither the multiview nor center software offered good playback options.

Didnt mean for it to sound critical of your post...I was just adding to it.