jepollard

Chance-i MPEG4 hardware dvr card question

Hello all,

I just purchased a DiViS-MPG24008 (8CH) card from a local dealer. I am however having problems. This was an upgade from the DiViS-CAP120A16(120fps 16CH software compression). The software compression card worked perfectly, other than slow fps (live and record) at 704x480. So I decided to upgrade to the 8CH 240 FPS hardware compression card.

Well, here are the problems this new card has that the old one did not have:

1. Grainy video.

2. Live video always high res, regardless of resolution settings in menu.

3. Each set of 4 cameras seem to be locked to the same resolution.

4. Setting manual FPS settings have no affect on actual FPS.

5. Motion detection is flaky. Once something starts moving ont he screen, fragments of the movemt will lag behind for a perdiod of time. (is motion detection done in software or hardware?)

Now, I know #1 is not normal. But are 2-5 normal?

Regarding #1. Are the decoding chips different on the boards, and should I go back to the 120 fps board, since it didn't have the grainy problem? Could the grainy video be caused by my motherboard? I am currently using an AMD with a ATI X800 pro video card. The 120ffps card worked very well though with this same setup.

Last question. How are the Chance-i live boards? I was thinking of just upgrading to the 240fps live board, and hoping the live display would be higher fps at high res.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like the problem may be your motherboard. After viewing their website, looks like the requirements are motherboards with Intel chipsets. And you say you're using AMD? Perhaps the first card is more forgiving of that. Just my guess.

John

Hey jepollard --

I have this card and can't stand the software. What are you using? I've tried a dozen different types and haven't found one that recognizes the card.