qcitizen

CQMax video forensics

I am in possession of a video file obtained from a CQMax video surveillance system that needs to be played in court in order to prove a crime.

Unfortunately, the original server which created the file has crashed and is unrecoverable. So I cannot use that server to play the file.

Further, CQMax (the company) appears to be out-of-business, as both the USA and Korean web sites have been taken down.

In effect, apparently I have no way to play the surveillance video. Can anyone help me obtain the software to play this video?

PS--The file has a *.ddf extension.

PPS--The manufacturer is CQMax Co., LTD, running the CQNet Series Digital Video Recording System, server version 2.1.8.

Thanks for your help,

Eric

602-262-6461

how big is the file?

if you send it to me I can see if I can convert it to a useable format.

If you dont want to send the exact file, you could send one without evidence, of the same format, maybe something smaller. Its a command line conversion tool i use, if you are interested in doing it yourself, do a search for ffmpeg.exe

welll .. they chose a really great file format ..

ddf is :

1-ACDSEE file format

2-BETRIEVE data file

and some others ...

also seems the DVR was carried by quite a few including:

http://www.koreadvr.com/eng/pro_picaso/product_picaso_in_01.htm

course going to the picaso web site there is no software in their download center

Also I used the converter but it would not work on that file.

What type of DVR was this, Windows PC based, Linux PC based, or Stand Alone? How many channels (looks like 16?). Was there a model number.

Thanks

Rory

The server was on a dedicated Windows 2000 machine--no Start menu or regular Windows feel. The CQNet software sat on top of Windows, but wouldn't let you use Windows, other than Windows Explorer.

I don't know how many channels it was/is. As for the model number, all I know is what I originally posted. It actually took me a lot of time to get even that much. This case started out with only the file. I came here bc basically I'm at my wits end.

ERic

I downloaded everything I could from relevant sites, but nothing would play back/open that file .. ddf is also something to do with raid data storage .. dont know if that helps. There seems to be some video in it but not knowing their location in the file, nor their format, it would take forever to get it out of there. Sorry, did all I could, maybe someone else will come along. Did you try to contact that company link I posted the link to above?

thank you so much for your assistance. i contacted the company and they hung up on me when i said "do you speak english." thanks again for your help. Eric

Rory,

I have installed about 50 of those units (unfortunately) Is there anything I can do to help with this if I have access to working DVR units in the area. i know the ower who used to make and sell the units. He owes me about 20K. Let me know.

He just needs something that can recognize the DDF files, either just to play it back, or even convert to another format if possible .. basically its a DDF file but that format is typically used for other well known technologies .. I tried to open and / or restore it in so many different apps but nothing .. also tried to decode it using ffmpeg but nothing still.

Any ideas?

If it is of any use for you, I have an Cqmax working server, and also the software that enables the playback of recorded files. I can send it to you. I also believe that the software can be installed in other machines than the original hardware.

I would be very interested in the CQMax software, I have at 16 channel DVR from CQMax. Windows on the machine had to be reinstalled, and now i can't find the software anywhere...

/Calimero