griffonsystems

looking for suggestion on a very good low light dome cam

looking at some of the ones from pano right now anyone have any suggestions here is what i need it for

low light florescent in a dark warehouse for 2 floor scales -- need detail shot - mounted on concrete ceiling 15ft down to scale

looking at both of these - one for a wide shot and the other tight on the scale and material - u think overkill??

WVCW484S22

WVCW484S15

looking at some of the ones from pano right now anyone have any suggestions here is what i need it for

low light florescent in a dark warehouse for 2 floor scales -- need detail shot - mounted on concrete ceiling 15ft down to scale

looking at both of these - one for a wide shot and the other tight on the scale and material - u think overkill??

WVCW484S22

WVCW484S15

Warehouse environment - probably fairly dusty and with moisture...

These pups will deliver one of the best quality video shots the money can buy... However, there are few other models avail from other manufacturers that could give you as good of a pictures and much less in cost...

I do not understand when you state "low light florescent in a dard warehouse)...

Obviously you want day/night solution.. with vandal resistant and weather proof packaging right?

Because this is not an "extreme" condition, one of your choices can be a Sanyo solution as follows:

Model #VDC-D1584VA and here is the description and some specs: Sanyo Day/Night 520 TVL Auto switch optical filter (Day - Night) Integrated 2.3X Verifocal Lens - 2.6 to 6mm Shock Resistant housing 12V DC/24

# Sanyo Outdoor Vandal Proof MiniDome with Shock Resistant housing

# 520 TV Lines DAY/NIGHT of Horizontal Resolution

# Integrated 2.5X Zoom 2.6-6.0mm Varifocal AI lens

# Wide Dynamic Range performance

# 24V AC and 12V DC, Dual Power Operation

# Easy installation, easy adjustment and easy set-up

# Vandal-resistant Dome & Weatherproof design (IP66)

# Built-in Motion Detection and Privacy Masking Functions

and it is few hundred bucks lower than Pano solution...

Ive had great results with sanyo box cams.....but I really think your in the right direction with the Panasonic domes, you can really tweak them. I recently used one with a 2.2mm superwide lens for a special application.... the tamper alarm added security considering it was monitoring a critical firearm storage area, clear-sharp-zero issues (WV-CW484)

Pano equipment works excellent right out of box and yes, you can twick even more, as long as you know what is going on with such changes..

For the price, it is an excellent, yet expensive choice... We use them mostly in areas that no other cameras can perform (mainly outdoor and even in warehouse applications where there are many lighting change conditions)... and because of its costs, it is difficult to use it as a standard daily use camera.

The Sanyo model that I am referring will perform well as long as you keep in mind that it is not Pano picture quality compatible camera. In areas that we see constant and low light and again in warehouse specifically, we use the Sanyo model (as well as some Bosch variance cameras)... However, if you do have a major lighting change problems, area of viewing has too dark and too much light side by side and lets say you want to trailer to pull in and then you want to see what happens inside of the trailer, Pano solution is the only one that worked for us for any cameras under $500.00 range...

My suggestion is to give the Sanyo a trial... and you will see that it is an excellent performer..

Yeah somewhat overkill, indoors you can use the lower part# with ABF and 24 hour but no WDR.

Unless the area is dark but well lit by an overhead door behind the scene or something.

Eyeball the VWCF294.