ianc1

Diginet Help Part 1 - unable to remote view via web-browser

Using Center software on remote LAN & WAN I can access the site. However, cannot not access/view via browser. I'm thinking this is an issue with the Apache default config, and I edited the IP and port accordingly, but still no joy. Any help appreciated.

Talk to your dealer/installer.

All Kodicom systems in the US are complete, if you bought a card the software is stolen. If that happened report the seller.

Thaks for the response, but alas, it wasn't what I expected to read. Just spent the past few hours there. HD failure. The card is a Kodicom 4400 installed in a p.o.s. Gateway. I was under the impression that the previous tech just installed the card and s'ware on pre-existing system. While there this evening I found out that the site bought the whole PC system preinstalled with XP and the dvr app (it's supposed to be 1yr old, but looks older; however, it is in a rather dirty/dusty environment).

The owner states he's no longer in contact with the original tech (or rather the guy who sold him the system; he didn't have anything positive to say about him - work ethic issue I gathered).

All Kodicom systems in the US are complete, if you bought a card the software is stolen.

Hard security is not my field; I'm a pc tech by vocation that just trying to make much needed cash. In my search for support I've seen stand-alone dvrs and card-only (with same or similar software). So how would I "validate" the system? And, while the card is branded Kodicom, the software is not. And, lastly, since re-installing the system, I'm still in the same boat: site software works for remote, but not browser.

Hard security is not my field; I'm a pc tech by vocation that just trying to make much needed cash. In my search for support I've seen stand-alone dvrs and card-only (with same or similar software). So how would I "validate" the system? And, while the card is branded Kodicom, the software is not.

if its just a card by itself and claims to be a Kodicom card, then its a clone, Kodicom does not sell the cards alone. Only registered system builders for Kodicom can purchase the cards, and in bulk (according to advise by other Kodicom System Builders)

If its in a Gateway PC, it could also be a clone, as most system builders will customize their products and not use standard consumer branded PCs. This could be a special case though, but I would think about that either way.

If its something you want to be able to maintain in the future, you can either:

1-Contact a Kodicom System builder (probably incur a cost)

2-Buy a different DVR card (Geo, Aver, etc)

Many out there that sell other brands of legit cards as a card only, but also must be careful it is not a clone.

Rory

Well, all I can do is pass this along to the owner. But I seriously doubt he's going to care whether it s clone/counterfeit. He has a working system; I think that's all that matters. Now there's talk of further installations and this is work I'd like to get. I would then be in a position to purchase legit and would advise doing so just for the after market support.