phuketall

Help setting webcam codec

Someone please help!! I am trying to set my webcam server to Geo H264 codec ( i think that would allow the fastest fps over a web connection for remote monitoring) and everytime I set it or adjust the quantitizer to a larger number for lower quality, it resets to geo mpeg4 and quantitizer 4 medium quality. I have a geo 1240 card with p4 3.2mhz. I cant get any settings in advanced video attributes to stay saved....I know it is something simple, but the user's manual does not go into detail on this.

Thanks in advance for any help

I could never get those settings to be affected either. If you just want to set it to H.264 though, when you start webcam change the setting to H.264 there and it will remain like that.

So I stop webcam server, set it to h264, start webcam server, and that's it? How do I get it to automatically go to h264 after automatic reboot? Or will it go with last setting...I have it set up to reboot every 3rd day. I am just trying to get more fps with remote monitoring over internet...we are limited to 384kbps upstream here and I get about 0.4-1.5fps depending on how many cameras I monitor.

Thanks for your help and response....wonder why they put the setting there if you cant do anything with it?

Thanks,

Terry