andyellison

Green artifact in saved video file

So i am using a surveillance program for medical studies to keep data of many things going on, only one input is a camera. all other inputs work and save fine. When i am trying to use the camera, it displays fine and while its recording it appears to be fine. When i then go to look at the Video Log (whats been saved) all the videos from the camera have about 1/4 of the screen filled with a green box that forces the rest of the acquired image down out of frame. There also seems to be a little bit of ghosting over it aswell. I am wondering what this may be, ive updated my video drivers, my direct X version and everything the FAQs say to try. Im at a loss at the moment and not a fan of the green box, any help would be great, thanks!

So i am using a surveillance program for medical studies to keep data of many things going on, only one input is a camera. all other inputs work and save fine. When i am trying to use the camera, it displays fine and while its recording it appears to be fine. When i then go to look at the Video Log (whats been saved) all the videos from the camera have about 1/4 of the screen filled with a green box that forces the rest of the acquired image down out of frame. There also seems to be a little bit of ghosting over it aswell. I am wondering what this may be, ive updated my video drivers, my direct X version and everything the FAQs say to try. Im at a loss at the moment and not a fan of the green box, any help would be great, thanks!

Hi! Can you tell more what brand/model your hardawre/software is and also have you tried to use one of the other cameras in that channel?

Also is all cameras PAL or NTSC so that you dont have a mix, not all systems handle a mix, some do!

JD

Try to drop the video acceleration of the display properties. I run across problems like this quite often on older systems with new software.