spook

Software Problem

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the PC linking software that came with the following:

unbranded, standalone 430U 4 CH Digital Video Recorder.

There was no documentation or help files with the software and have been unable to find anything on the web.

After plugging in the USB cable between DVR and PC, the PC detects it and the tv attached to the DVR shows the USB connection has been made. When opening the software, the software detects the DVR containing vineyard formatted stream data, indicates the HDD size and the file size. It then begins playing the file, the progress bar along the bottom moves but no picture.

I have tried it on three PCs but still no picture, all PCs exceed the system requirements.

Software:

For XP only.

Vineyard Technologies, Inc.

PC Viewer - X-Core Technology Co; Ltd.

Version 3.0.E

Vineyard Technologies’ proprietary stream file format.

The PCs I tried it on are all running XP, service pack 2 and currently up to date with updates.

Can anyone make any suggestions,

thankyou.

Hi RickA,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, the DVR will playback recordings and can successfully watch either in quad or select any camera in full screen.

Can also export to a DVD recorder or a VCR so if the worse comes to the worse there is a way of archiving material but it would be so much easier for screen grabs if I could get it to go direct to PC as it's supposed to do.

Regards,

Spook.

Sounds like a codec issue. Does the DVR software or manufacturer site mention any codecs or what type of compression is the DVR using?

Going through the LAN or the USB will still be an issue if it is the codecs.

Hi,

thanks for your replies.

There is no Network facility with this DVR.

No mention of codecs anywhere.

The only references I could find to compression are:

Vineyard Technologies’ proprietary stream file format.

Advanced MPEG and Advanced MJPEG (not sure if both are supposed to be the same and it's a typo in the manual????).

Regards,

Spook.

can anyone send me the vineyard pc viewer , or send me a link i have mislaid the original disc and need to reintsall the dvr software i have the same viewr which is a dgv504 , i have searched the internet to no avail, as the vinyard website requires a password

thks

george