griffonsystems

video color issue over 4 channel fiber tx/rx

i have a client that likes to buy product from me and i also design the system, etc recommend cameras etc for project and then they install everything....then i'll get a call when they run into a problem

they hookup 4 cameras using ge fiber transmitter/rx(4cams over 1 multimode fiber) and one of the 4 cams has this picture, other cams are fine - color is a mess - its on the dvr here but i did pull it up on a monitor and its the same after coming out of the fiber but fine before it goes into the fiber. the four 4 channel cards they have in a rack case are all producing the same effect...i didnt have time to fully troubleshoot the problem the other day but wanted t post the pic and see if anyone has any advice or has seen a pic like this

thanks,

pg

photo2.jpg.9f9af05b6ae45ea71f9eafc492984097.jpg

PG

I have a few customers with 4 rg-6 to 1 mm fiber system you will need to check video levels at the camera with a meter (CM-2) at the point it goes to fiber and when the fiber rec is when it comes off the fiber. Now a little old school color bar generator set to 1 volt peak to peak at the camera end and make the same tests. After all is said and do you might just have a bad fiber trans or rec. Does a good channel say ch 1 look like this when you move the ch that is good to the ch that is bad.

hi PG,

since its fine before it went into the fiber, and it worked bad as well in another three cards, the issue was not on the Tx/Rx.Check the input level again.

PS,welcome to try our fiber Tx/Rx, it has AGC to avoid such situation.

www . vadsys . com