rory

Anyone used the AVerDiGi SA6000e PRO?

Yes, I have sold one unit thru. CCTVMegaStore and It's built-on NV6480Exp-16. It's a great unit and it has all the features of NV6480Exp with an additional touch pad, Jog shuttle and support for I think 16 video loop monitors. Nice looking box.

Did you get a chance to test any MegaPixel cameras on it also? Thats the part that has me interested.

Thanks

Rory

I still have access to it, but I only have Vivotek's 1.3 MegaPixel in stock, which I'll test it out. Let me know if you have any other brand of MegaPixel camera on public network and I will connect it, so you can play around with it. I know it's not going to be same over the internet, but it's better then nothing.

Wish I had some MP cameras .. not just yet though, except for my regular digital still cam. Looking to get into that arena though and looking for something simple to sell/support, which the Avermedia unit looks like it is.

I would be shocked if it actually really supported megapixel, the PC version doesn't and if either did I would assume it to be that one.

The best I have ever been able to get from an Aver system is 800x600.

Yeah was wondering about that, but they do claim this:

Support 320x420, 640x480, or 720x480 (enhanced) pixels (NTSC) 16-bit true color or 1920x1200 (Selected 2.3MPixel IP Cameras)

Oh yea it'll take 1920x1200 in!

You just can't get it back out. Well to me thats not "supporting" megapixel it's more like converting 1920x1200 to 800x600.

Don't get me totally wrong though, 600p is a way more resolution then the 480i from an analog camera. It's just not 1200p anymore, it's half the resolution of that source.

I have repeatedly asked to be proven wrong on this, asked for directions on how to properly do this. Nada, still cant get past 800x600. This super hacked me off as it made ME PERSONALLY look like an @$$ when I told a customer it would support megapixel. So if I am wrong and shouldn't look like an @$$ to my customer/s I want to know. I would much rather admit my ignorance of my product then appear that I am tring to decieve my customers as I feel I have been decieved by Avermedia.

Oh yea it'll take 1920x1200 in!

You just can't get it back out. Well to me thats not "supporting" megapixel it's more like converting 1920x1200 to 800x600.

Don't get me totally wrong though, 600p is a way more resolution then the 480i from an analog camera. It's just not 1200p anymore, it's half the resolution of that source.

I have repeatedly asked to be proven wrong on this, asked for directions on how to properly do this. Nada, still cant get past 800x600. This super hacked me off as it made ME PERSONALLY look like an @$$ when I told a customer it would support megapixel. So if I am wrong and shouldn't look like an @$$ to my customer/s I want to know. I would much rather admit my ignorance of my product then appear that I am tring to decieve my customers as I feel I have been decieved by Avermedia.

I agree with you 100 %

have the same problem with my customer

asking where is our promised full resolution

Information is there for full 1920x1200, but the image is resized to 800x600. Record the image/video with 800x600 mode and do a digital zoom and then compare it with the video that is recorded with 1920x1200 mode set and you should see the difference. I know it's confusing, but I think AVer is going to take care of that in 7.3 version, which is coming out in a month.

Now, anyone seen any MegaPixel Bullet style cameras yet, plug and play but not too costly?

I see Acti and Speco both have IP Bullet cameras, just dont see any Megapixel ones.