ronbo

PTZ and DVR which one is not working?.......

Now, after many months on and off my little mission of connecting my VCL dome to numerous DVR PC cards. im at the point where I think i have tryed everything.........or have i?

Ive set the protocal of my VC8E to pelco D and so my DVR to the same, via the COM1 port with a RS converter. ive selected the Baud rate ect,

and tryed using the other options on the dvr like

CPELCO_D

CPELCO_P

APELCO_D

TE PELCO_D_D

PECO_D

PELCO_P

all having there own baud rate some 2400,9600 ect

i even downloaded a coms port monitor to check if that works, well i can see the data being transmitted to the prot from the dvr software but nothing happens at the camera?

im guessing its down to the cam????

any ideas as my girlfriend keeps going on at me to throw it, but i cant untill i definatly know it F***ed

Would that be a USB to RS232 converter? Not all things in computers are equall PTZ RUNS ON RS485 not RS232 most things want a true RS232 port with a 232 to 485 converter. Then you have camera address, baud rate, protacal type end of line resister for your camera and the + and - wires make a big differance.

its a rs 485, 232 converter but i have not used a resister is this the 120 h one other people talk about?, when they are its usally as they have a different ptz, s , do all ptz in this situation need a resister??

cheers

I have seen some that do and some that do. How much DC voltage do you see across the RS485 + and - should be around 5 volts dc. Is this a new camera bought from supplier, or a used camera from e-bay or other seller. If you you are doing this as a job you might think about buying a RAPPORT 337 test tool it sends and reads ptz commands as well as sees video in and has a color bar signal generator built in also. The only down side is its over 500.00's.

Now, after many months on and off my little mission of connecting my VCL dome to numerous DVR PC cards. im at the point where I think i have tryed everything.........or have i?

Ive set the protocal of my VC8E to pelco D and so my DVR to the same, via the COM1 port with a RS converter. ive selected the Baud rate ect,

and tryed using the other options on the dvr like

CPELCO_D

CPELCO_P

APELCO_D

TE PELCO_D_D

PECO_D

PELCO_P

all having there own baud rate some 2400,9600 ect

i even downloaded a coms port monitor to check if that works, well i can see the data being transmitted to the prot from the dvr software but nothing happens at the camera?

im guessing its down to the cam????

any ideas as my girlfriend keeps going on at me to throw it, but i cant untill i definatly know it F***ed

My suggestion is:

1) Please make sure your COM port is right

2) Please make sure RS485+ and RS485- is right

3) please make sure Protocol is right

4) please make sure baud rate is right

if all of above is right ,please check is the led flash when you control the PTZ.

If the led of PTZ is flash,then

5) make sure the address ID of PTZ is correctly.

By the way,some PTZ have no LED,so you cannot confirm it by the flash LED,As I know, a lot of PTZ such HK-GV8271 have flash LED.

If you tried all the protocol and baud rate,but all of them can not driver,perhaps the protocol is not standard,perhaps you need change a PTZ or a DVR.

only now just had time to check. Yes i see about 5 volts, its one that ive taken out of old system that as far as im aware was all fully working. so im thinking may be the i need the resister ( altho i only keep 1 k ones on the van) or the protocal ive set on the dome needs changing

only now just had time to check. Yes i see about 5 volts, its one that ive taken out of old system that as far as im aware was all fully working. so im thinking may be the i need the resister ( altho i only keep 1 k ones on the van) or the protocal ive set on the dome needs changing

SOLVED

this unit will only use Up the coax, and i need a maxcom keyboard

crap

Great to know you have fixed the problem. But only keyboard can solve the problem?