spaceman99

Complete newbie - want wireless camera, ability to record..

Okay, I am 100% new to this, so i'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction...

The rear of our house can be accessed by a gate entrance we share with our next door neighbours. Recently we have had a number of disturbances (next door were actually broken into last night and a number of things were stolen). Although the gate is locked, people are obviously climbing over to get around the back..

So, we want to install CCTV to see who is coming around. Ideally I want a wireless solution to avoid the pain of routing all the wiring etc. We should be able to get away with a single stationary camera situated on the outside wall of our property (so we will see anyone who comes around the back). Since we will need to be able to monitor when we are not at home, we will need the ability to record footage (perhaps up to 24 hours at a time). The camera will also need to be able to see in the dark.

Can anybody point me in the right dirtection? As for costs - the simple answer is as cheap as possible lol! If I could get it all for sub-£200 then I would be most happy!

Thanks in advance for your time!

hi,

you will need say A wireless IR bullet cam and a receiver

A stand alone PC with a capture card will do it that cheap

recording with -motion detection would be your best bet.

z

Wireless cameras.

Most of your wireless cameras with the transmitter built in will only have about 100 milliwatts of power. This is about the same power as a child's walkie talkie.

There will be distance limitations. You will see on the package that the antennas have to "see" each other. It may say 300 feet line of sight. If they do not see each other then you have to get the transmitter, and the receiver closer together.

You still have to run wires to the camera as they will need 12 volts to operate. If you are going to run wires for power, then you may as well run wire for video.

Wired cameras are more secure then wireless. Anyone can see your wireless signal!!

802.11 wireless is different then regular analog wireless camera. They are more secure, and the signal will travel better then regular analog signals will.

What do you think?