npire1

Inesun 8 channel H.264 DVR Model TV-700-8D

Hello

I have a 8 Channel DVR that I bought on Ebay. It was working fine until the other day. It Is set to record automatically and I noticed it would sound an alarm as if a camera was disconnected every now and then. Then I noticed it was re-booting some times. A Few days ago I checked it and it was stuck on the start up . screen displaying H.264. I Re started it and now it will not show anything. There is no video output either via the pc lead or via av lead.

The Unit starts and the hard disk runs.

The light on the front lights and when you connect a network cable the network light begins to flicker etc. Even the shift button displays a lighted led to indicate the shift key.

I have a disc with "Update Software" on it along with dvr manual etc. I have tried to load the update software to a usb stick and after turing off with pen inserted to load new files but nothing happens. Also read somewhere to try to disconnect hard disc and load the update software but no difference.

I have emailed the company were I got it but no reply as yet!!!!

If anyone has any ideas I would be realy grateful.

Thanks

Ok thanks, That's good to know.

Actually as I read the manual it says it allows the following Encoding size: CIF/Half D1/D1.

I am hoping there is a way to force the dvr to accept a fresh version of its firmware/software! or if there is secret key press that will make it boot!